Consumer marketing research is the collection and processing of information about a potential or current buyer of your products. Professional analysis will help you better understand your client: their price preferences and financial capabilities. Even for companies that do not interact with the end customer - for example, the B2B sector - it is useful to imagine the consumer.
By understanding the factors that he is guided by when making a decision, you can adapt your products to demandingd. This information is also needed to develop effective marketing campaigns.
The study of the target audience shows what is relevant to it, and what are its needs and desires. Often, the results of research provoke useful insights for business, allowing you to look at your product or service through the eyes of a buyer.
How consumer research can help:
- Refine your CA.
- Find out how satisfied the consumer is with your product or service.
- Compare your pricing policy with the expectations of the buyer.
- Identify the factors that determine demand.
- Predict the reaction to a new product or service.
- Compare the demand for your products with the demand for competitors' offers.
- And much more.
Interviews with a large number of respondents in the same scenario. Respondents answer pre-prepared questions online, by phone or in person.
The survey helps:
- Obtain quantitative data about the demand for the company's products
- Measure customer loyalty
- Track ad performance
- Get feedback about a product or service
- Find out consumer preferences
- To study the lifestyle, habits, and expectations of the target audience
Individual conversation with an active or potential buyer.
Benefits of in-depth interviews:
- gives access to deep, non-obvious information;
- eliminates the influence of other respondents on the opinion of the interlocutor;
- allows you to understand the motives and preferences of the consumer, and his strategy of action;
- provides an opportunity to discuss sensitive or controversial topics;
- allows projective methods: associations, drawings, graphic tests;
- helps to assess the non-verbal reactions of the respondent;
- allows you to study the opinion of specific categories of customers: for example, permanently employed narrow specialists or wealthy buyers who are not disposed to spend their time participating in group studies.
Round table with representatives of the target audience, united by some common feature. This could be occupation, gender, age, hobbies, or family composition. The meeting is led by a moderator who pays close attention to the preferences, motivations and needs of the respondents.
The study helps in solving the following marketing tasks:
- analysis of the reactions and needs of the target audience, assessment of its loyalty;
- market segmentation;
- determination of significant properties and disadvantages of the product;
- search for options for improving products;
- choosing the most effective advertising tools, testing the logo and slogan;
- packaging assessment;
- identification of existing competition and consumer attitudes towards it.
Analysis of existing statistics.
Processing of primary data from open sources.
What is included in the structure of the study?
Depending on the objectives of the study, individual buyers, target audience categories, households or companies are studied.
In the field of b2b, there is interaction with experts from companies with which you are already cooperating or could be in the future.
What we analyze:
- how the product meets the expectations of the buyer;
- purchase motives, what exactly influences the choice of the brand;
- attitude towards a brand, a specific product or a service;
- how the target audience perceives the company's policy - advertising, social, pricing, etc.;
- customer needs and how satisfied they are;
- circumstances of the purchase: at what point and why the goods are bought;
- and much more.
If you plan to order a consumer analysis, the process in our agency will be as convenient and transparent as possible:
- Send a request in any convenient form: by letter, through the feedback box or by phone.
- Our manager will contact you to clarify the goals of the study and your wishes. If you are not sure about the correctness of setting tasks, he will help to formulate them and suggest options for research
- We will prepare a commercial offer with a detailed description of the research methods
- Together with you we will draw up a technical task, specify the terms of the study and the cost
- We will answer your questions, adjust the commercial offer in accordance with your wishes
- We will send you an agreement to sign and an invoice for payment for the selected service.
- While the analysts are working, the manager will keep you updated on the progress of the study
- Based on the results of the study, you will receive a typology of your customers, as well as possible models of their behavior. Our specialists will prepare a forecast of expected demand and a detailed report with conclusions on the issues that you put before us. If necessary, we will finalize the report free of charge within the agreed terms of reference
Through the study of the buyer, we identify the structure of consumption, demand trends, satisfaction and availability of goods of interest to the client. To do this, our analysts collect and process data about the end customer: his income, social status, family composition, education, and household habits.
Cost of analysis
There is no single tariff for consumer analysis, the cost depends on the geography of the study, the availability of the price audience, suitable methods and other factors. The price is also affected by the term of work: urgent orders are usually more expensive. When ordering several studies, we will make a discount.
We approve the final price after drawing up a research plan and agreeing on the terms of reference. It does not change unilaterally.
With a low budget, you can not buy ready-made marketing research - it's faster and cheaper. Ready-made options do not solve specific business problems and do not take into account the specifics of the request, but they can be a great way out when you need to decide whether it is worth investing in a new direction at all.
What will be required from you
- Information about your business and the tasks you would like to solve
- Your vision of the purpose of the study, plans for using its results
- Data you would like to see in the report
- Willingness to fill out a small questionnaire: it will help to formulate a wish and clarify the task